19950824

register'd

Well, I'm continuing to get behind in my journal writing.

Yesterday (8-22, Tuesday) I had three classes. Two were sixth grade: They went really well although I had to teach that demeaning "Life in Britain and America" lesson twice more. The students are great (although, of course, I cannot admit that in public). The other class was First Middle School. They weren't as good. I didn't get frustrated with them, though if things continue as they have, I may end up a little frustrated. Hopefully it will get better once they have books. I wrote to [redacted].

Meditation may be making some progress. Keep trying.

Today (8-23, Wed.) we went (Mr. Im, Mrs. Im, his brother, her mother and us three mi-gooks) to immigration to register for our alien registration cards (read, green cards). And it was more successful. Got fingerprinted and everything! Then home.

It rained (sometimes very hard, sometimes barely) all day. I took a nap and lounged about all afternoon listening to the rain. I almost missed my 7:40 class (cause I thought I only had one), but made it only five minutes late. Two classes: grade 2 middle (who will be great once we begin doing things that aren't really old hat) and then grade one middle. They were good too.

This is, so far, mostly fun. I hope I can learn Korean.

Then home. This morning Mr. Im paid Link and I the refunds for our plane tickets. 540,000won. Nice. And I think (hope) that I get paid tomorrow. Now off to bed, for I must get up in the morning and go to the payday meeting at 11:00. Later.