20010625

grauform.intimate fifty

[intimate fifty]
How does he build those shimmering intimate fifty word stanzas? Does he impose it from the top down, a technician plotting every step out in advance? Commanding the crystalline ideal: each stanza a taut bunch posed, hanging ripe in the ether, ere pen tip first graces the page, then fiat!

[paper fiat]
That way is too cold, too bold, I dunno, too godlike for me to be comfortable relating to my friend. That is to say I doubt I could fashion the words so well that way, holding them all up there poised in my mind, whole, the while tapping them out.

[coup]
Does he do it organic, perhaps speak his piece first then nip here, trim, stuff there, retrospectively? Or project it line by partial line, count each pace, ply word on word, phrase by phrase until it is complete, or close. I would try it that way, then edit to fit.