20010514

pumped vacuum

she told me,
i’ve been thinking about where to put your piano.
i told her,
i want to spend my life with you.
she asked me,
do you hate me?
i told her,
i do not and would not even when you send me packing but would love and long to spend my life with you.
she told me,
i don’t trust you, and then
she told me,
this isn’t healthy,
you’re so important to me,
she said,
young you, and your mind i so hate and so love.
she didn’t tell me how she’d miss my heart.
my hyperlexic hang-ups, yes, but nothing.

all blood drained out in a rush; black stars burst my eye backs.

it pumped vacuum there, missing several beats,
seizing up, heaving,
then rushed full with fear, tears, and frenzied anguish of ego,
like a dying toilet’s backwash,

each aching arc of hope snapped mutely shut.