20111202

gimme music

i just found this written in what appears to be my own handwriting while looking for a blank page in a legal pad within reach of my desk that turned out to contain no blank pages. judging from the surrounding content (also in what appears to be my own handwriting), it must date from 2003, or so. anyway, i think it's okay, and can't see what more some prior oomph may have intended to do with it before filing it away as more-or-less complete.

so here it is:
gimme a little music
man, i could really use it

gimme a handful of beats, man
that's just what i need, can

you gimme a foundation of sound
something to wrap my rhythm around

gimme a few tunes
c'mon and give 'em to me soon

gimme a blues i can use
to diffuse my own blues

and gimme harmonizing voices
celebrating harmonic choices

i just got in an' i gotta get along
quick baby go steal me a song
hmm. maybe that prior oomph intended musical accompaniment. also, it kind of reminds me of this old carnal music (which likewise lacks musical accompaniment).