20000726

a campaign jingle

if i only had dick cheney
(you know the tune)

i could spend away the surplus
for imperiable purpose
with the guidance of a brain
monopoly for haliburton –
get the oil; give 'em a hurtin’
– if i only had dick cheney.

i’d appoint all daddy's cronies,
those CEOs and phonies,
if I only had dick cheney
we’ll suspend the constitution
and then make an institution
of my imperial reign.

oh i
could rule the sky,
i could rule the oceans and the shore
we've got weapons like no emperor before
and so i think we’ll start a war (or more)

i could piss off all our allies,
speak half-truths and more lies,
everybody would obey me.
behind my executive privilege
we all could get so much more rich,
with the guidance of dick cheney.

we'd both ignore the amputees
coming back from overseas
and posture like John Wayne,
he'd do all the thinkin'
and i'd be loved like Lincoln
if I only had dick Cheney.