19981103

excremeditation

some guy once told me
people see things linear
one point of many possible
between extreme poles
they tend not to little
not too much to the middle

later they may learn value
in a broader dimension
poles meld into continuous
curve in a regular variation
people favor the center
people are shallow

with depth only is:
call them gods who are!
call them great irregular spheres: spun mutable dazzling divine!
call them the living axes of the deep meaningful world!
this world! our world!
that's bullshit I said
and poked him in the eye because
I'm cruel and it amused me but

sometimes when I'm peeing
and balanced erect, my feet
waist torso hanging plumb
relaxed from a point above
the center of my head
my breath a glowing tone
every tight center loosed

I feel every point in the universe
in me - around me - through me
I am at peace, still, the universe
moving, sympathetic, necessary.