19950907

juxtapos'd

Well, Kim Daewon never showed up last night. We waited on our front steps (within sight of the Soju-bang) for thirty-five minutes and then went inside.

Link and I then got involved in a fairly deep conversation ~ it was mostly about individual responsibility, but it ranged pretty far ~ from relativism, to Heidegger, through Nietzsche's nihilism, to the Christian concepts of body, spirit, and soul. Nothing was resolved, but it was a fun conversation.

Today I got up late (again), and hung out with Duke. We ate breakfast and then watched Voodoo Black Exorcist, a low budget film, but good despite the deceptive title: it had next to nothing to do with exorcism, though there was voodoo and some of the actors were black. Anyway, it was fun. Then I finished my letter to my parents and got ready for work.