19950812

divin'd

I stared writing this morning, but only had time to write the date and time before interrupted. I get so tired here; I do not know if it is the diurnal lifestyle, the food, or just living in Korea. I hope it is not the latter. As always, today much of my time was taken up just being with other people. I find objectless social time objectionable, and yet I am not particularly good at being alone. Now, however, I am at last alone. Naturally, now I can listen to music.

Not much of particular note today. I used my Tarot cards last night: I do not have a coherent interpretation of the cards, but they appeared right and they gave me hope -- both for future Tarot efforts, and otherwise. This reading also pointed to a mantra to begin working on: Believe it or not, it is "Om," the sound of all sounds together (and is described as "the seed sound for the sixth chakra" (Ajna)). I have begun to work with this mantra, and shall continue. Until...?

Also of note is that I have begun dreaming. My dreams since embarking upon this chapter of my life have been particularly vivid, and a great deal more accessible to conscious memory than ever in the past.

Today there were two interesting developments on the domestic front. First, we all (that is the three current occupants of this flat, Duke, Link and myself) received our very own keys -- at last! The other thing is that today is Link's 25th birthday. We celebrated a little bit: on the way home from work I bought him Newsweek (my only other English language choice was Readers' Digest) and gave it to him for his B-day. Also, Hyun-ah and Heon-Seong came over with a birthday cake and we sat around bullshiting for hours. That's it. I'm gonna try to write my sister tonight and then crash.