20090604

being there: 11

[Three]
that's where i am. i don't have a therapist myself (funny how a parent shrink can so depreciate the value of a paid confidant with a lexicon of norms and deviation), and i don't consult the clergy.

but i have a guru, sometimes, sort of, and i go to yoga classes in the godawful early morning before humping along to earn my daily coffee at my perfectly unisex and depersonal workstation distinguished only by my own oils and dead cells caked curiously on some and not others of the keys and a photo, pinned among the pending paperwork on the corkboard, holding an image of me appearing happy and at ease so convincingly that i could believe it but for remembering in my more honest moments how i seethed under the lens, my mug and my instant messenger and my modular unisex clerical tasks.

continue>