20090605

being there: 100

[Fore]
the alarm screams into my harried dreams, creeping into the scenes at the seams like light splashing around the brilliant lining of a darkened screen, and i thump it good without even registering light and then it screams again.

i come to in the shower, a skein of steam streaming from my face, jaw clenched, grinding my teeth like a freezing meth freak who has to pee in some fugal unconscious beat, the rhythm entwined with a line or some nonsense rhyme i woke up with looping in my mind, a drivel of self-pity at my petty tribulations: early mornin' capitalism blues! mama wanna get a new pair of shoes!

counting breaths i try to stop: no good to be chanting mantras over and over again with that kind of resonance and such manifesting force in the jaw without even realizing it. brushing, my teeth hurt from, or perhaps anticipating, the grind, and one ear pops.

continue>