19951107

visit'd

G-cups came last Monday and stayed until today.

Although we didn't do much, we rocked. We drank a lot every night - Whiskey, Scotch, Soju and beer (minus cocktails that we had when we were out). We listened to music a lot. Talked forever (the upshot of this being that each has begun to know the other much better), philosophy, sociology, politics, girls, drinking, jokes, and of course, numerous anecdotes.

We went out with Sun-ja and Young-sook on Saturday (to "Flowing Water" and Shimpo) and Sunday (to Seoul - the national museum - and then the other "Flowing Water"). That was much fun - he macked just the slightest bit (I think he cured Young-sook of her crush on Duke - at least I hope so!) and he played never-ending assist to my mack tactics (or lack thereof). We climbed a mountain with Mr. Kim. Did I mention that we drank? Also we made phone calls: [redacted]. Each of these deserves its own paragraph - but suffice it to say that it was great hearing all these voices and actually talking with them.

Today we got up early and went to Kimp'o where we parted: he says he'll be back (cause he has another free trip). So, for now, its back to the grind. Back to same shit. Back to no drinking during the day (and substantially less at night). But, I have been reminded that I have friends, and that I have a life. I will try to carry this souvenir as I continue, as Kim Ch'eol-won has just said of me, alone.

Also during the week I received books 2 & 3 from sis, a letter from [redacted], sis, [redacted] (plus a short story), [redacted], 2 from [redacted] and a postcard from Mom. And we got a hot water heater!