19951002

undisciplin'd

Well, as mentioned above, so much for discipline. As we are becoming more acclimated and accustomed to living in Korea, I am losing touch with my introverted, self-dependent discipline.

Anyway, I still smoke, I still teach. The stereo is no longer new news. E-mail is not yet new news. But mail is: I have begun to receive letters from more than just my family. So far my sister and [redacted]. Today I bought ginseng for Sis's birthday and sent it to her. Also I mailed my response to [redacted].

Now I gotta write [redacted] more. [Redacted] is living in his dad's place in VA, hoping to get a 9-5 paralegal job (but temporarily delivering pizza). He doesn't sound happy.

Nor does [redacted]. He's become a Crowley buff, hasn't quit smoking, and sounds like he's getting in shape. He says he's practicing asana, lost 20 lbs, and getting muscle tone. I must write him ~ in maters esoteric he sounds far beyond me (therefore in a position to share info); in matters linguistic he's where I have been probably for two years. My intention is to keep him from quitting reading and writing.

Me? Well, I'm not writing too much (as you've no doubt noticed). My Buddhism is faltering; my Taekwondo somewhat stagnant; my guitar progressing; my Korean, too, progressing.

I have begun meeting Korean people. Conversations are sparse and slow, but they exist! This is a bit of a new step. More later (i hope).