19951025

mourn'd

I got a letter from [redacted] on Monday. Also on Monday Duke's grandmother died.

He wanted to have a wake for her so bought some soju, vodka, Teacher's Scotch, etc. Mr. Choi came by, Mr. Im and a friend made a very brief appearance. And we all drank. He also bought a CD of La Traviata (highlights) which he played at the wake and then threw away along with a full glass of scotch, and a plate of food which were offerings to grandma. I have some objections to his method. I will not, however, voice them, because it was his party and his bill. I think it worked for him - he seems okay.

So I got a letter (finally) from [redacted]. I have written back to him and will try to mail it tomorrow.

Other than that ~ we didn't get paid on the general payday, as we had been told that we would. And, there's still no news about Duke's getting the axe.

I've been very busy - I've tried to start studying (actually I am trying to start studying) Korean because the sponge method doesn't allow fast enough progress. Mr. Kim Seongeon said that it will take me three years to master Korean. I don't know yet if I'll stay longer than one, but I'm determined to prove him wrong.

Other news. Baik Jisuk was at the payday teacher's meeting yesterday and even said hi to me. It was really nice to see her and exchange words however brief. Soon maybe I'll have to resolve to have "Business meetings" with her.

And - G-cups is coming next Monday. I'm excited for his visit, though I fear somewhat that he'll be bored. oe-meo-na. more later.