19950905

ad lib'd

Well. Yesterday very little of import happened. I spent the day reading etc. (I'm done with Crowley, and am into part III of Thus Spake Zarathustra -- there seems much similarity between Nietzsche [and Crowley]). Link came home from work early, so we hung out a bit. That was good. Then I went to work. I had only one class and it went well. Went home, ate, and watched (another!) Jackie Chan movie with Duke.

Then I did my exercises and stretches and went to bed. It was hours before I could sleep, but eventually I did.

Today has, so far, been a pretty interesting day. I played some guitar and read some more Nietzsche. I cleaned the kitchen and my room (I even cleaned my bed -- I vacuumed it!). Then shower.

In the shower I was struck with the urge to write. So after my shower I wrote a sonnet.

I think that it is the first sonnet I have ever written! It isn't good (because it is not disciplined enough) but it is cute, at least. I feel pretty good about having written.

Then I split for work. On my way to work I smiled at a bunch of people ~ the more I do it the easier it gets (this is per my father's suggestion: yesterday I received a letter from him, in which he said, "I have always been well served by a ready and self-deprecating smile").

Two boys started to follow me and spoke in English enough to get me to turn off my walkman. We spoke a bit in a pidgin of English and Korean. At their house we parted. But, as I waited to cross the road, they caught up with me and gave me a drink. Pretty cool. So far this has been at least an interesting day. I plan more for later.