19950814

kim'd

Today I had afternoon classes with a new Mr. Kim. I guess this needs some explanation.

All morning for the past two weeks I have sat in on a Mrs. Kim's classes. No observations and opinions of her here just now.

Last week I spent the afternoons in class with a Mr. Kim. He is married with two children. His classes are all middle-school, years 1,2,and3 (6,7&8th grades). I enjoyed all of my time with him.

Today, I begin to have classes with a new Mr. Kim -- single, Buddhist, and without quite as smooth access to English. He's cool though. We had three classes, all first grade middle school. These students were less intimidated by me than most of the others have been in the past. So the afternoon went relatively quickly. After our third class he took me to dinner at the Chinese restaurant in Hi-mang Department Store. Afterward, he came over and we hung out around the kitchen table with Link and Duke and talked. Conversation was mostly about the differences between the East and West, but it touched upon a little bit of everything. Fun.

It's late though (considering that I haven't showered) so I'm gonna get ready for bed, try to sit in Lotus position for five minutes and then crash.